Ahh… March 1st. Otherwise known as my personal official day of spring (sorry, Mr. Groundhog). Although where I live it’s currently cold and rainy, I know that my beloved days of sunny skies and warm breezes are fast approaching. To keep me sane as we make this weird transition from winter to spring, I’ll just keep a list all of the spring pieces I’m excited to wear.
1. CHINOS. Saying the name of these fancy shorts isn’t near as fun as actually wearing them. I typically will tuck in a looser fitting t-shirt into mine for a dressed-up yet casual look. Accentuate with a thin belt and you’re perfectly prepared to head to dinner after a long day at the beach.
2. MIDI SKIRTS. Cute, sweet, and totally sixties-inspired, these skirts are a combination of everything I love. Perfect for running to the diner to grab milkshakes with the nice young boy you’re currently going steady with, this skirt does wonders for those of us who are ready to get rid of the uncomfortableness of jeans but aren’t yet willing to shave above the knee. Pair with a pair of kitten heels and you’re ready to be picked up for the drive-in movies at 8 o’clock sharp.
3. SUNNIES. Is it just me or is there a shortage of sunglass-clad fashionistas each year during the colder months? I’m totally guilty of this. I recently rebirthed my Wayfarers and hope to add a bigger, rounder set to my collection sometime soon. Until then, you can find me by the pool trying to figure out how to hook my glasses inside my Lilly Pulitzer Croakies and dousing up with little SPF 15 to prevent super awkward tan lines.
4. JACKS. Yes, I am the epitome of your basic preppy girl. However, in defense of Vineyard Vines wearing girls everywhere, Jack Rogers are the perfect Spring Break staple. They carry you from a long day on the beach to dinner on the boardwalk faster than you can order your breakfast mimosas.
5. SWIMSUITS. More specifically, high-necked swimsuits. It seems to me that this years trend is less scooped neck and more high collar. Perfect for long necked girls like myself, this swimsuit lengthens and prevents most TMI moments. Don’t be afraid to wade a little deeper in the water, ladies: this style has you covered. Literally.
6. CAP AND GOWN. No Sunday Six post is complete until I give you a rant about how excited I am to graduate. I can’t help but be overcome with excitement each time I think about this coming fall- and it’s not just because of J. Crew’s sequin-filled Fall 2015 collection. While I know I shouldn’t wish away my high school years, I know I’m meant for something more than AP Calculus. To all of my 2015 readers: it’s almost over. Just three more months. Hang in there.